Monday, April 16, 2012

Strawberry Picking

Last night Beth and I were talking and we decided that we should go strawberry picking.... today. :) So bright and early this morning Beth, David and Margaret packed into our car with us to head across the ferry to Surry to pick some berries. Evie and David LOVED the ferry ride. :) It was David's first time! The wind, birds, boats, waves - they were all quite exciting. :) IMG_2707.JPG IMG_2709-1.JPG IMG_2710-1.JPG
I thought it might be a bit early for strawberries, but College Run Farms was right - they're ready and soooo juicy and delicious.
IMG_2721-1.JPG IMG_2723-1.JPGApril 2012 023-1.JPG
Evie was eating the strawberries almost as quickly as I was putting them in our basket (think Blueberries for Sal :)) She was mostly interested in just taking 1-2 bites out of each one, however. I kept looking into our basket to find several half eaten berries laying on top. :) We got better at eating the whole berry though as time went on. ;)
IMG_2715-1.JPG IMG_2719-1.JPGIMG_2724-1.JPG
Double fisted eater... :)
IMG_2725-1.JPG
Strawberry eating is serious work and takes a while... Evie had a tendency to get behind - can you see her way down there? :)
IMG_2720-1.JPG
"See any more good ones, mom??"
April 2012 020-1.JPGIMG_2727-1.JPG
Remember how clean Evie looked back in those pictures of her on the ferry? Well, this is the "after" picture. :)
photo-1.JPG
To cap off  the fun, the farm even had an amazingly cool truck for Evie and David to play on during lunch. You should have seen both of their eyes when they saw it! :)
April 2012 027-1.JPG IMG_2731-1.JPG
Thanks for the impromptu strawberry date, Beth and Margaret!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. hehe:). I love the "after" pictures! I love that baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete