Saturday, April 21, 2012

Egg Hunt!

A very big and essential Walker Easter tradition is the annual cousin/grandparent Easter Egg Hunt. Everyone gets 15 small eggs and 1 big egg (to be turned in at the end for a PRIZE!) with their name on them. The challenge is to find your eggs without letting others know where theirs are (no moving eggs, though!). The parents hide and once you become a parent, you move from a searcher to a hider. I always loved the searching part, but the hiding can be quite fun too (think: all of Katie's eggs go as high as Chris can climb ;) or this year, Rachel's are all hidden impossibly hard to test the dedication and perseverance of her boyfriend who we're all meeting for the first time ;)).
Last year Evie was a little young to truly enjoy the end hunt. This year, however, she loved it. I think mostly because she thought the eggs were little balls. ;) She LOVED collecting little balls in her brightly decorated bag! I'm enjoying this stage because she doesn't realize yet that the real prize is inside - Nathan and I still get all the contents. ;)
Decorating the easter egg bags while we hide (I forgot to mention, once you become a great-grandparent you get to join the searching committee as well :)).
410732835213.jpg

The hunt:
120732835213.jpgIMG_2662.JPG IMG_2664.JPGIMG_2659.JPGIMG_2672.JPG 
Counting to see if she's found them all:IMG_2676.JPG
Meg's helping her shorter cousins :)
IMG_2678.JPG
Josh proving himself a good tree climber on behalf of Rachel ;)498942835213.jpg
Drew Man getting distracted by all the balls :)415442835213.jpg
Everyone!
352262835213.jpg   

1 comment:

  1. What a happy family! Evie fits right in, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete