Monday, June 27, 2011

7 1/2 months!

I tried to post Evelyn's 7 month post last week, but for some reason it deleted itself! Here I go again, hopefully it will work this time. :)
The last month and a half have been rather busy for Evelyn. She is quite the little mobile girl now, which is making life exciting for us! :) Not only is she very into crawling now, she also loves to pull up and climb on anything she can. The coffee table, her crib, and her toy basket are her favorites. She's slowing getting better about being able to get back down after she's pulled herself up. Usually though she panics once she's done standing up because she doesn't know how to get back to sitting. Going from the floor, to sitting to crawling and back she has down though.
She has relearned how to do high-fives and thinks they're the greatest. She beams and beams and is so proud of herself. :) She also learned how to clap last week. I had been trying to get her to do it before but I think it took peer pressure from 70 clapping and singing VBS kids for her to finally get it. :)
Evelyn has had some pretty rough nights lately which I attributed to her having a cold. However, this morning I thought to feel inside her mouth and she has two little bottom teeth poking through! No wonder the poor baby has been sad. :( This also explains why she's been gnawing on the coffee table...
She continues to love music, people and stores, especially stores with carts that she can ride in!
Evie is just so much fun and we're loving every minute of it! :) Here are a few pictures from how we celebrated her 7 month birthday.
We had never been to the Yorktown farmer's market so we thought we'd check it out. We loved it and enjoyed cooling off in the York River afterwards. Evelyn is quite the little water baby and enjoy the sand and water (she and I have also started Mommy & Me swimming lessons this month :)).IMG_0466.JPG IMG_0468.JPG IMG_0469.JPG IMG_0472.JPG
In the afternoon we went on a picnic in CW with our friends the Tennants. It was SO boiling hot that we didn't stay out long. Just long enough for lunch, ice cream and a short walk. We did see an artist downtown. Jackson and Connor were fascinated by him. :) Connor stood as close as he could. :)IMG_0473.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment